Current job : Senior DevOps Engineer at Vistaprint
- I am a prolific contributor to the Linux community:
- I have a deep understanding of the C programming language, software quality principles, and debugging techniques.
- I am a friendly person and an excellent mentor; I give speechs/workshops during many FLOSS events
- I have a rich knowledge of the UNIX/Linux operating system at the kernel and user levels, including extensive experience with:
- many operating system variants (Ubuntu, Red Hat, Solaris, *BSD, Arch Linux, Gentoo, Debian, etc.)
- multi-threaded programming techniques and performance optimization
- system and application performance analysis (virtual memory, I/O performance issues)
- virtual machine systems (kvm, qemu)
- software development tools (gcc, gdb, gprof, make, etc.)
- scripting languages and standard utilities (sh/ksh/csh, python, awk, perl, sed, regexp, etc.)
- change management systems (git, bzr, cvs, svn, etc.)
- packging systems (Debian packaging, ubuntu-dev-tools, autoconf tools, dpatch, quilt, etc.)
- high and low-level network protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP, NFS, DNS, HTTP, SMTP, etc.)
- common library API's (C, socket, threads, GLib/GTK+)
- I am very familiar with 64-bit and 32-bit CPU architectures (Intel, AMD, Sparc, ARM, PIC, Motorola) including multi-core issues, and Intel x86/SSE assembly language.
- From 1st May 2016 until 1 st December 2016 : GNU/Linux SysAdmin at Linagora
From 1st December 2016 until 28th February 2018 : OSSA Engineer at Linagora (Open-Source Software Assurance)
- Mission :
- Installing and maintaining FULL-OBM on (Debian, Centos)
- Automatically deploy ready-to-use development environment (Ansible/Puppet)
- Monitor the remote virtualized platform (nagios, munin, cacti)
- Maintain production environments and support/assist hosting clients requests
- Troubleshoot Xen Cloud Platform, KVM and QEMU hypervisors
- Join and connect remote offices via OpenVpn and pfsense
- Ensure security and qos policies are applied (packet filter)
- Mission :
- Supporting more than 400 Open-source softwares
- Comiling and building costum kernels
- Developing patches for old and new kernels
- Answering technical questions of clients and consulting for selecting, incorporating, and utilizing the right software for the specific needs of clients.
From 1st March 2018 until now : DevOps Engineer at Vistaprint
- Mission :
- Manage CI/CD cycle for developers
- Manage and control of clusters in production (Kubernetes, HA, etc.)
- Develop new tools that are needed to solve problems using several languages (Golang, Python, etc.)
- Answering technical questions and solve issues/problems that happen to developers.
- On-Call rotation for urgent critical issues.
From 1st May 2019 until now : Senior DevOps Engineer at Vistaprint
- Mission :
- Manage Kubernetes Clusters (On premise, AWS).
- Ensure disaster recovery plans for our clusters using Velero (formely Ark).
- Building and maintaining infrastrcute as code for our AWS stack (Terraform).
- Automate everything on-prem with Ansible.
Awards and achievements from Open-Source projects
- Official Ubuntu Member from December 2015 until now
- Project Manager at StartUbuntu : from August 2014 until Spetember 2016
- Master at LinuxPadawan : from September 2015 until now
- GNU/Linux SysAdmin at Savannah GNU Lug : from April 2016 until May 2016
- Part of the Ubuntu Board Membership
- Award of the best workshop during the SFD2016
- CNCF Speaker
- Kubernetes Member and active contributor
- Kubernetes Membership Coordinator